Frequently Asked Questions
How hard is it to remove the polish? Do I need nail polish remover?
The polish can be removed easily within 1-4 days with Keeki Nail Polish Remover. However, afterwards, the polish becomes increasingly more difficult to remove particularly for dry, porous nails. At about 5-6 days a nail polish remover will be necessary. Our Non-toxic Nail Polish Remover is specially formulated for our polish. If you still have difficulty removing the polish, try soaking a cotton ball and resting it on the nail for 1 minute. This will help to saturate the remaining polish and the polish should come right off!
When will my nail polish wear off?
Short nails for active women might begin to show slight wear at the tips in approximately 2 to 3 days but, in general, if care is exercised in the first several hours the polish can last for 4 to 5 days.
When is it safe to wash my hands without disrupting the polish?
Hands can be used for normal activities including submersion in cold water after approximately 15 to 20 minutes without harming the polish. The polish will withstand washing and shampooing in hot soapy water after an hour or so.
How long will it take for my nails to dry?
Keeki Pure and Simple Nail Polish dries to a tack-free state faster than regular polish. We recommend you use multiple thin coats since they will dry faster than one thick coat. Apply the second coat after 45-60 seconds and the third (if desired) in 60-90 seconds. If your hands are cold, the temperature is cool, or there is high humidity in the area, it may take longer for the coats to dry. A good indicator that the polish is ready is by a cool sensation on your nails from the evaporation of the water in the polish.
What should I do to prepare my nails before putting on the polish?
Simply clean your nails with polish remover or soap and water. Healthy nails naturally produce a mixture of oils and proteins, which serve to protect, beautify and enhance their appearance. Normal nail polishes remove these substances from the nail, requiring the user to prepare their nails with other products. However, since Keeki Pure and Simple Nail Polish is a water-based polish, it does not remove the oils so your nails remain strong and healthy.
How to apply Keeki Pure and Simple Non-toxic Nail Polish:
1) Clean nails with Keeki Nail Polish Remover
2) Apply one thin coat of Keeki Base Coat to the tips of your nails & wait a few minutes let dry (make sure completely dry)
3) Apply one thin coat of Keeki Nail Polish and wait one minute
4) Apply second thin coat of Keeki Nail Polish and wait one minute
5) For extra shine, apply one thin layer of Keeki Top Coat
6) Wait at least 30 minutes for contact with water for best results
7) To remove, saturate a cotton ball with Keeki Nail Polish Remover, hold on the nail for one minute to loosen & rub off
Is there anything toxic in the nail polish?
- No. There are no toxic chemicals. The resins are polyacrylic and polyerethane latexes with residual monomers well below 100 parts per million. The only co-solvent is a diglycol ether. All colorants are FDA-certified for cosmetic use.
What should I do if there is separation in the nail polish?
Although separation is very minor, occasionally a light ring of color will appear at the top of the bottle. Simply shake the bottle to mix the polish.
Why does my nail polish look milky? Is it still safe to use?
Some of the polishes may have a milky appearance that will disappear upon drying. The polish is still totally safe to use and will appear vibrant on your nails.
What do I need to know about the remover to use it safely?
The remover is safe to use in the small 4 ounce quantity as supplied, but there are three hazards you must be aware of and guard against.
- The remover is extremely flmmable. Liquid vapors may ignite so do not use when smoking or near a fire, flam or heat. It's OK if there is a small spill when a heat source is not close by - just wipe up the spill, saturate the wiper with water and dispose. Never allow children to use the remover without your close supervision.
- The remover is a very good solvent and so will dissolve and remove the natural oils from your skin. It follows that repeated contact may make your skin dry and may cause irritation. It's OK if the remover contacts your skin or cuticles; just do what you can to minimize these occurences and perhaps replenish the oils with a good hand lotion. Once again, do not allow children to use the remover without your close supervision.
- The remover is extremely soluble in water. This means that it will very aggressively remove water from the mucous membranes of eyes, nose and mouth to cause sensational burning and irritation in those areas. So, if these body parts are accidentally splashed with remover, flush with copious amounts of water, give fluids and call a physician. We have added Bitrex to this remover to make it extremely bitter so no child would ever voluntarily taste or drink it. To repeat, never allow children to use this remover by themselves!